French Court Bans Kate Middleton’s Topless Photos

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have won their first legal battle in an attempt to block further publication of photos of the Duchess sunbathing topless while on vacation in France.

The photos must not be published again, a French court ruled Tuesday, according to the BBC. And Closer magazine, which was the first to obtain and print them, was ordered to give the originals to the couple within 24 hours. The ruling applies only to France. The Irish Daily Star and the Italian magazine Chi have already republished the photos – the latter in a 26-page section on Monday.

British newspapers, so far, have refrained from printing the photos. But on Monday in Dublin, the publishers of the Irish Daily Star released the following statement: “Independent Star Limited has suspended editor Michael O’Kane with immediate effect, pending an investigation into the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine Closer, which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.”


William and Kate, though keeping a brave face during the embarrassing episode while on a tour of Asia, have also filed a criminal complaint against Closer and will be seeking damages, a spokesperson for Clarence House said on Monday.

French attorney Vincent Tolédano, a specialist in media law tells PEOPLE, “Closer cannot publish these images any longer. Now it is up to the criminal investigation to try and determine who the photographer is. In court, Closer maintained they didn’t own the rights to the images, and now it is up to the police … to investigate and determine the particulars.”

What is your reaction regarding Duchess Kate’s leaked topless photos? Do you think the paps trespassed in order to obtain these intimate shots? Feel free to comment on this issue!

Source: People

Image: International Business Times

Promoters Pull Plug On Springsteen And McCartney Concert After Noise Curfew

In what may be the dumbest enforcement of a curfew in rock and roll history, organizers of a Bruce Springsteen concert in London literally pulled the plug on the show during an encore featuring special guest Paul McCartney.

“I gotta tell you, I’ve been trying to do this for 50 years,” Springsteen told the crowd of 76,000 while introducing McCartney. The pair–backed by the E Street Band and Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello–launched into the Beatles’ “I Saw Her Standing There.” But Springsteen  had already exceeded the three-hour time limit set by London’s Westminster Council for the Hyde Park concert, according to the BBC. The sound was cut off at approximately 10:40 p.m. local time as the Springsteen and McCartney performed “Twist and Shout.”


During the band’s second song with McCartney, “a drably dressed man with sensible hair could be seen waving frantically at the back of the stage, indicating the rock legends’ time was drawing to a close,” CNN reported. “The sound suddenly dampened, and went quiet. At first, the Boss didn’t seem to notice. He attempted to address the crowd, apparently unaware that they couldn’t hear him. But as it became clear that there was no amplification, he and lead guitarist Stevie Van Zandt played what looked to be a brief a cappella goodnight for the benefit of the front rows, shrugged, and left the stage.”

After the show, Van Zandt slammed the decision: ”Seriously, when did England become a police state?” Van Zandt wrote on Twitter. “Is there just too much fun in the world? We would have been off by 11 if we’d done one more. On a Saturday night! Who were we disturbing?” Concertgoers agreed, to put it mildly.

On Sunday, the city council and concert organizers released separate statements, scrambling to deflect criticism: ”Concert organizers, not the council, ended last night’s concert in Hyde Park to comply with their license, which [allowed] them to run the concert until 10:30 p.m.,” the city council said in a statement on Sunday.

Should the promoters have allowed the Springsteen-McCartney pair to finish their number? Or, were they right to adhere strictly to London’s noise curfew? Share your thoughts in the comment box below!

Source: Yahoo News

Image: The Telegraph

Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch Dies At 47

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch has died at the age of 47, his publicist has confirmed to the BBC.

The musician, director and Tibet activist was diagnosed with salivary gland cancer in 2009. Yauch underwent surgery and radiation therapy but said in 2011 reports he was totally cancer-free were “exaggerated”.

Under the alias MCA, he formed part of the band that eventually became the Beastie Boys, selling 40 million albums worldwide with Mike D and Ad Roc. The Beastie Boys started out as a hardcore punk outfit called The Young Aborigines in 1979 but switched to hip hop in 1984. Two years later they launched their critically-acclaimed debut album Licensed To Ill, which spawned the hit singles (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) and No Sleep Till Brooklyn..


Yauch was the band’s filmographer, directing several of their videos under the pseudonym Nathaniel Hornblower. He also directed the band’s concert movie Awesome… I Shot That, which stitched together footage from dozens of audience-members.

The Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last month, but Yauch was not able to attend. On the night, The Red Hot Chili Peppers dedicated their performance to Yauch. He is survived by his wife, Dechen Wangdu, and their daughter, Tenzin Losel, as well as his parents Frances and Noel Yauch.

What song sung by Adam Yauch do you like best? Share your favorites with us!

Source: BBC News

Image: Music Radar

January Jones Eats Own Placenta!

Most mammals eat their own placenta after giving birth and according to ”Mad Men’s” January Jones, more women should try ingesting their offspring’s afterbirth as well.

Speaking at a press junket before the show’s season premiere, the actress told People magazine that she pops a dehydrated placenta capsule when she’s feeling tired or blue. “Its not witch-crafty or anything, I suggest it to all moms!” Jones enthused. Since the 34 year-old single mom was able to return to the set about seven weeks after her son Xander was born, her controversial elixir may be working.

There is little scientific evidence to show any benefits to eating placenta, but advocates say that it helps increase milk flow and ease post-partum depression. Speaking with the BBC, obstetrician Maggie Blott explained, “Animals eat their placenta to get nutrition–but when people are already well-nourished, there is no benefit, there is no reason to do it.”

Still, there is a growing trend of parents asking to take home the placenta and a coterie of professionals who will prepare it. They believe that consuming it has a positive effect on the mother’s immune system and mood. Some moms do eat placenta in its natural state. The Internet offers a host of recipes such as roast placenta, placenta spaghetti, and placenta pizza.

Somehow we don’t think Jones’s frosty character Betty Draper Francis would approve. Unless perhaps, it was shaken into a stiff gimlet cocktail.

Source: Yahoo News

Image: Movies Pad