Royals To Take Legal Action Over Kate Middleton’s Published Topless Photos

A celebration of love and beauty? Or an illegal invasion of privacy? The battle lines are being drawn in France as a magazine editor defends the decision to publish topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge.

“These photos are not in the least shocking,” Laurence Pieau of Closer told the Agence France-Presse on Friday. “They show a young woman sunbathing topless, like the millions of women you see on beaches.” Calling the reaction to the photos “disproportionate,” Pieau adds, “It is a young couple that has just been married. They are in love. They are beautiful. She is the princess of the 21st century.”

But the royals, who are in the middle of their nine-day tour of Asia, are taking legal action in France. ”St James’s Palace confirms that legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge against the Publishers of Closer Magazine France,” a St James’s Palace spokesperson said in a statement Friday.


While Pieau says the pictures were snapped from a nearby road from which Kate was visible sunbathing, and also notes they are “full of joy” and are “not degrading,” on Friday afternoon Will and Kate did not look happy as they continued their planned visit in Kuala Lumpur, according to observers.

Earlier Friday morning, the palace initially reacted with anger over the publication of the photos.

“The incident is reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales, and all the more upsetting to The Duke and Duchess for being so,” read a statement released Friday from a St. James’s Palace spokesman. “Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them.”

What do you think — did the paps go too far when they shot Duchess Kate’s intimate photos with Prince William? Feel free to comment on this issue!

Source: People

Image: 88 DB Reviews

‘Octomom’ Poses Nude for Magazine to Pay Bills

Financial struggles have led “Octomom” Nadya Suleman to pose semi-nude in photographs to run alongside a paid interview in a British magazine, her attorney said Tuesday.

With 14 children to care for, Suleman can’t hold down a regular job to pay bills, lawyer Jeff Czech said. In photos posted to TMZ.com and published in Britain’s Closer magazine, Suleman wears panties and little else. In an interview with TMZ’s television show, Suleman said she didn’t expect the photos to reach American readers so quickly, but she’s not ashamed of posing for the magazine.

“I’m doing what I need to do to take care of my kids,” Suleman said. Czech declined to disclose how much Suleman was paid for the photo shoot and interview.

When Suleman gave birth to octuplets in 2009, she was an unemployed single mother who already had six other children. All her children were conceived through in vitro fertility treatments. Her octuplets are the world’s longest-surviving set.


Since the birth, she has cut deals with media outlets and posed in tabloid photo spreads to earn a living. She has promoted spaying and neutering for an animal rights group and gotten beat up in a celebrity boxing match. In 2009, Suleman declined a million-dollar offer to appear in pornography. Last year, she told Oprah Winfrey she was addicted to having children and called herself stupid for her financial problems.

Source: Yahoo News

Image: Arizona Daily Star