French Court Bans Kate Middleton’s Topless Photos

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have won their first legal battle in an attempt to block further publication of photos of the Duchess sunbathing topless while on vacation in France.

The photos must not be published again, a French court ruled Tuesday, according to the BBC. And Closer magazine, which was the first to obtain and print them, was ordered to give the originals to the couple within 24 hours. The ruling applies only to France. The Irish Daily Star and the Italian magazine Chi have already republished the photos – the latter in a 26-page section on Monday.

British newspapers, so far, have refrained from printing the photos. But on Monday in Dublin, the publishers of the Irish Daily Star released the following statement: “Independent Star Limited has suspended editor Michael O’Kane with immediate effect, pending an investigation into the circumstances that led to the Irish Daily Star re-publishing pages from the French magazine Closer, which contained images of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.”


William and Kate, though keeping a brave face during the embarrassing episode while on a tour of Asia, have also filed a criminal complaint against Closer and will be seeking damages, a spokesperson for Clarence House said on Monday.

French attorney Vincent Tolédano, a specialist in media law tells PEOPLE, “Closer cannot publish these images any longer. Now it is up to the criminal investigation to try and determine who the photographer is. In court, Closer maintained they didn’t own the rights to the images, and now it is up to the police … to investigate and determine the particulars.”

What is your reaction regarding Duchess Kate’s leaked topless photos? Do you think the paps trespassed in order to obtain these intimate shots? Feel free to comment on this issue!

Source: People

Image: International Business Times

Royals To Take Legal Action Over Kate Middleton’s Published Topless Photos

A celebration of love and beauty? Or an illegal invasion of privacy? The battle lines are being drawn in France as a magazine editor defends the decision to publish topless photos of the Duchess of Cambridge.

“These photos are not in the least shocking,” Laurence Pieau of Closer told the Agence France-Presse on Friday. “They show a young woman sunbathing topless, like the millions of women you see on beaches.” Calling the reaction to the photos “disproportionate,” Pieau adds, “It is a young couple that has just been married. They are in love. They are beautiful. She is the princess of the 21st century.”

But the royals, who are in the middle of their nine-day tour of Asia, are taking legal action in France. ”St James’s Palace confirms that legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge against the Publishers of Closer Magazine France,” a St James’s Palace spokesperson said in a statement Friday.


While Pieau says the pictures were snapped from a nearby road from which Kate was visible sunbathing, and also notes they are “full of joy” and are “not degrading,” on Friday afternoon Will and Kate did not look happy as they continued their planned visit in Kuala Lumpur, according to observers.

Earlier Friday morning, the palace initially reacted with anger over the publication of the photos.

“The incident is reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales, and all the more upsetting to The Duke and Duchess for being so,” read a statement released Friday from a St. James’s Palace spokesman. “Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them.”

What do you think — did the paps go too far when they shot Duchess Kate’s intimate photos with Prince William? Feel free to comment on this issue!

Source: People

Image: 88 DB Reviews

Controversial Princess Diana Documentary ‘Unlawful Killing’ Permanently Shelved

A documentary that investigated a possible cover-up of Princess Diana and Dodi Al-Fayed’s 1997 death has been permanently shelved just weeks before it was set to hit theaters.

Unlawful Killing was produced by Al-Fayed’s billionaire father and purchased by distributors at the Cannes Film Festival last year. Controversy surrounds the flick because it paints a negative picture of Prince Charles’ family by alleging a Royal cover-up and conspiracy to keep key facts from the media.


While we’re sure the world would have been slightly intrigued to see what dirt director Keith Allen dug up, the film’s distributors required global insurance coverage to protect themselves from lawsuits, which they were unable to secure in the U.K. and France. As a result, producers have decided that the film is unreleasable and have said in a statement:

“It became undoable. We are all disappointed. We worked on Unlawful Killing for four years. We’ve written back to all of the distributors and are returning their minimum guarantees. We’re doing the decent thing.”

Oh well, disappointing as it is, I think this news is a relief for the royal family. But we gotta ask… Would you have wanted to see what Unlawful Killing had to present? OR would you rather that the world be kept in the dark about Keith Allen’s investigation?

Source: Perez Hilton

Image: Chatter Busy

Johnny Depp And Vanessa Paradis Call It Quits After 14 Years

It’s official: Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have split after 14 years together. The couple “have amicably separated,” Depp’s publicist said in a statement released to Entertainment Tonight Tuesday.

As PEOPLE has reported, the two drifted into living separate lives after moving to Los Angeles from France. They haven’t appeared together on a red carpet in a year. The couple have two children together: Lily-Rose, 13, and Jack, 9.

A longtime resident of Plan-de-la-Tour in southern France, Depp recently told French magazine VSD that living in France with Paradis and their kids “has given me everything. A marvelous family and also an equilibrium which I missed enormously.”


And in 2010, Paradis gushed to the U.K. edition of Marie Claire about her man: ”I could make an endless list of all the things I admire about him,” she said. “We understand that, if we want our relationship to continue, we must give each other space, allow each other to go off on our own, and trust each other. Not everyone is lucky enough to be given space and trust.”

In another interview, Paradis explained why the pair never felt the need to marry: ”I love the romance of ‘let’s get married,’ but then, when you have it so perfect … I mean, I’m more married than anybody can be – we have two kids. Maybe one day, but it’s something I can really do without,” Paradis once told Elle.

Do you think Depp and Paradis are indeed better off without each other? What do you think is the root cause of their separation?

Source: People

Image: E! Online

Mariah Carey And Nick Cannon Say ‘I Do’ Once Again

Almost four years after their surprise wedding in the Bahamas, Nick Cannon got down on one knee before Mariah Carey in a vow renewal ceremony Friday night atop the Eiffel Tower.

In a photo shoot beforehand, Carey is beaming in a stunning white mermaid dress with spaghetti straps and a black bow at the waist as Cannon, in a white suit and black tie, locks his eyes with hers.

The couple have much to celebrate beyond their four-year anniversary, which falls on Monday. Along with enjoying nearly 1-year-old twins, Cannon appears to be on the mend from frightening health problems, including kidney disease. After leaving the hospital in January, Cannon called Carey his “hero” and “the virtuous person who is my angel.” Carey returned the compliment by telling him he was her “incredible husband” who, despite his struggles, was still “all strong and healthy and big.”


The couple arrived in France by private jet around 1 a.m. Friday. During the day, Carey was spotted shopping at Baby Dior – the couple’s twins turn 1 on Monday – and at the Louis Vuitton flagship store on the Champs-Elysees. Friday night, after they posed for their wedding renewal photos, the couple were spotted dining Le Jules Verne restaurant on the Eiffel Tower.

Do you think a renewal of vows in Paris is a fab idea for a wedding anniversary? Tell us what you think!

Source: People

Image: A To Z Press

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt To Shoot New Movie Together

For the first time since that 2005 action-romance, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie may be set to burn up the big screen together again.

Deadline.com reports that the couple is in talks to appear alongside Shame‘s Michael Fassbender and No Country For Old Men‘s Javier Bardem in The Counselor, to be directed by Ridley Scott. According to reports, filming is set to begin in the next few months – and the movie will shoot in Europe. Both the Jolie-Pitts and Scott have homes in the south of France. Fassbender will play the title role of a respected lawyer who gets tangled in the drug business, notes Deadline.com.


The film may deal with gritty themes, but it will likely be a family-friendly set: Unlike when they shot Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Jolie, 36, and Pitt, 48, are now parents to six kids. Until now they have alternated film projects so one parent is always off.

“We’re not ones to repeat ourselves, but we’d like to, because right now, we’re hopscotching with films so one can be with the kids and one’s free to work,” Pitt told the Associated Press last May of reteaming on screen with Jolie, who is also set to appear as a horned witch in Disney’s Maleficent.. “And why aren’t we doing [movies] together? Why aren’t we doing everything together?”

Perhaps now they’ll get their chance.

Source: People

Image:  Babble