Wife Gets Life Sentence For Castrating Husband

Wife Gets Life Sentence For Castrating HusbandA southern California woman convicted of cutting off the penis of her then-husband and throwing it into a garbage disposal was given a life sentence Friday with the possibility of parole after seven years, authorities said.

‘Going through a divorce’

Catherine Kieu, 50, of Garden Grove, California, and her husband were going through a divorce at the time of the July 2011 incident. The couple married in December 2009, but in May 2011 the husband filed for divorce, which was granted in August 2011, according to Orange County court records.

Kieu laced her husband’s dinner with the sleep medication Ambien after they had an argument over a friend possibly staying with them at a later date, the Orange County district attorney’s office said in a statement Friday. When the husband went to sleep, Kieu tied his legs and arms to the four corners of the bed, and when he awoke, she pulled down his pants and severed his penis with a knife, prosecutors charged.


‘Spousal abuse’

Kieu then threw the severed penis into the garbage disposal, turned it on and mutilated it, prosecutors alleged. Kieu then called 911 about how her husband was bleeding, and he was taken to the hospital for emergency surgery, authorities said. The victim’s name has not been made public because he is a victim of spousal abuse, police said.

On April 29, a jury convicted Kieu of one felony count of torture, one felony count of aggravated mayhem, and a sentencing enhancement for the personal use of a knife, prosecutors said.

The Vietnam-born Kieu is also known as Que Anh Tran, court papers said. She and her ex-husband had no children, divorce papers said. During the trial, Kieu’s attorney said she suffered mental health issues, including depression, and the lawyer argued she shouldn’t be found guilty, the prosecutor’s office said.

Do you think Catherine Kieu really suffered from mental health issues? Feel free to comment on this topic!

Source: Michael Martinez | CNN

Image: Deccan Chronicle

Baltimore Ravens’ Rolando McClain Arrested (Again!)

Baltimore Ravens' Rolando McClain Arrested AgainNFL linebacker Rolando McClain can’t keep himself out of trouble.  WHNT news passes along that the Decatur, Ala., police confirmed that the Baltimore Raven was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.

‘Not receptive to the order’

The alleged incident took place at Pines Park. As WHNT explains, according to information from eyewitnesses, officers ordered McClain and several others to leave the park when a large crowd was gathering. McClain was not receptive to the order. He reportedly refused while using some expletives. He was handcuffed and transported to jail before being bonded out.

This, of course, is not the first time McClain has found himself in a bit of legal hot water.  In 2011, he made headlines when he was arrested, and eventually convicted, for assault and other charges “when he allegedly threatened to kill a man and fired a gun next to his head.”


‘Trying to salvage his NFL career’

He was arrested again this past January after he was pulled over for his window tinting. He had some more colorful language for the authorities when signing the ticket, which got him in trouble for providing a false name. All three of those arrests have come at the hands of the Decatur police.

The former No. 8 overall selection is a player who is trying to salvage his NFL career after being released by the Raiders earlier this offseason.

Should the Ravens cut him out of the team now? Anybody else got the feeling that this won’t be the last time that Rolando McClain gets himself in trouble?

Source: Richard Langford, Bleacher Report

Image: Section B