Teen Suspect In Chris Lane Shooting Posted Racist Tweets

Teen Suspect In Chris Lane Shooting Posted Racist TweetsOne of the Oklahoma teenagers accused of killing 23-year-old Australian baseball player Christopher Lane previously posted images online showing himself posing with guns and wads of cash.

‘White ppl are nasty’

And three days before what police call the indiscriminate shooting, the suspect, 15-year-old James Edwards Jr., tweeted, “With my n****s when it’s time to start taken life’s” — a line from the Chief Keef rap song, “I Don’t Like.”

Back in April, he tweeted, “90% of white ppl (people) are nasty. #HATE THEM.”

Police in the town of Duncan have charged Edwards and Chancey Luna, 16, as adults with first degree felony murder, said Kaylee Chandler, a Stephens County court clerk. Michael Jones, their alleged 17-year-old driver, faces two charges: use of a vehicle in the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact to murder in the first degree. A judge set bond at $1 million for Jones and no bond for Edwards and Luna, Chandler said.


‘We were bored’

Police say it was Jones who ultimately told them, “We were bored and didn’t have anything to do, so we decided to kill somebody.”

The seemingly senseless killing has left many Americans disgusted. And for some, it triggered a political question with racial overtones in the wake of the polarizing Trayvon Martin case, in which an unarmed black teen was killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed self-defense. The acquittal of George Zimmerman, who describes himself as Hispanic, infuriated many people and triggered protests around the country, as well as remarks from President Barack Obama.

Now, some Americans are asking why this killing, in which the victim was white and the alleged killers black, has not brought reaction from the president.

Do you think the senseless shooting of Christopher Lane was fueled by racism? Are the parents of the teen suspects at fault here?

Source: Randi Kaye, Hilary Whiteman and Josh Levs | CNN

Image: Fox News

Juror B29: Zimmerman ‘Got Away With Murder’

Juror B29 Zimmerman 'Got Away With Murder'The only minority on the all-female jury that voted to acquit George Zimmerman said today that Zimmerman “got away with murder” for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology Martin’s parents.

‘We felt he was guilty’

“You can’t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty,” said the woman who was identified only as Juror B29 during the trial. “But we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence.”

The court had sealed the jurors’ identities during the trial and still hasn’t lifted the order, but Juror B29 edged out of the shadows in an exclusive interview with “Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts. She allowed her face to be shown, but — concerned for her safety — used only a first name of Maddy. The nursing assistant and mother of eight children was selected as a juror five months after she had moved to Seminole County, Fla., from Chicago.


‘Got away with murder’

Despite the prosecution’s claim the Zimmerman profiled Martin because he was black, Maddy said the case was never about race to her, although she didn’t want to speak for her fellow jurors. But her feelings about Zimmerman’s actions are clear.

“George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can’t get away from God. And at the end of the day, he’s going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with,” Maddy said. “[But] the law couldn’t prove it.”

Zimmerman concedes he shot and killed Martin in Sanford on Feb. 26, 2012, but maintains he fired in self-defense.

Do you think George Zimmerman really got away with murder, or was it really just self-defense? Air out your comments via the comment box below!

Source: Alyssa Newcomb | Good Morning America, Yahoo News

Image: ABC Local