Agnieszka Radwanska Dropped As Catholic Spokesperson Over Nude Photoshoot

Agnieszka Radwanska Dropped As Catholic Spokesperson Over Nude PhotoshootWhile largely well-received in America, a particular ESPN The Magazine photo shoot is drawing overseas.  After appearing in a photo spread for the “Body Issue,” Polish tennis star Agnieszka Radwanska has been dropped as spokesperson by a Catholic group in her home country.

‘Immoral behavior’

Krucjata Mlodych (Youth Crusade) is not happy with Radwanska’s decision to go nude for the magazine, and according to Sports Illustrated‘s Ryan Glasspiegelhas relieved the No. 4 women’s tennis player in the world of her duties as an advocate for the organization. Via Agence France-Presse:

While not explicit, the nude has proven too much for [Youth Crusade], which runs a campaign with the slogan “I’m not ashamed of Jesus.” The young Catholics, who claim more than a million followers, dropped the 24-year-old tennis star last week for what they said was “immoral behavior” in the ESPN spread.


‘Nothing explicit’

The image that has the group miffed is the shot of the 2013 Wimbledon semifinalist poolside, clutching tennis balls in a carefully positioned shot. As stated, nothing explicit is showing, but in a country where 90 percent of the population identifies themselves as Catholic, the image caused enough of an uproar.

The group released an announcement on its website explaining its decision to distance itself from Radwanska.

“Personally I am very sorry that someone declaring herself to be on the side of Jesus has at the same time played up to the mentality of those who treat people as just a thing to be looked at,” Father Marek Dziewiecki said in the group’s official statement.

What is your view regarding Agnieszka Radwanska’s nude photoshoot? Was Youth Crusade right in dropping her as their spokesperson?

Source: Dan Carson | Bleacher Report

Image: Swishost

Josh Powell Left Last Message for Family

As investigators pore over the gutted Washington state home of Josh Powell for evidence explaining how and why he murdered his two sons and killed himself in a gas explosion, ABC News has exclusively obtained what is believed to be his final words to his loved ones.

Powell left a voicemail for his family just 20 minutes before attacking his two young boys Braden, 5, and Charles, 7, with a hatchet and igniting a gas leak that blew up his house on Sunday afternoon: “I am not able to live without my sons, and I’m not able to go on anymore. I’m sorry to everyone I’ve hurt. Goodbye,” the voicemail message said.

Many are now looking at the tumultuous relationship that Josh Powell had with his father Steven Powell, whose September arrest led to charges of 14 counts of voyeurism and one count of child pornography. The pornographic images were kept in the home the two men shared with Josh and Susan’s boys – a fact which led to Josh Powell losing full custody of his sons.


The boys were ordered in a Washington court in September to remain in the custody of Susan Powell’s parents Chuck and Judy Cox because they had been living in a dangerous home environment with sexually explicit material, and because of the possibility that Josh Powell participated in the voyeurism and child pornography charges against his father.

Steven Powell has now been named a person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Powell, according to Seattle’s Q13 FOX News, which reports that he was not overly emotional when he heard the news of the explosion, and has been uncooperative with Pierce County deputies. He is currently on suicide watch.

Source: Yahoo News

Image: Hollywood Life