NFL Will Not Suspend Ndamukong Suh For Groin Kick

NFL Will Not Suspend Ndamukong Suh For Groin KickThere will be no suspension for Detroit’s Ndamukong Suh this year. He got one last year for a stomp of Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith on Thanksgiving. He avoided it this year for a foot to the groin of Houston’s Matt Schaub on Thanksgiving.

‘Fair decision’

“Our office has notified the Lions that Ndamukong Suh will not be suspended for last Thursday’s incident,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. “It will be reviewed for a potential fine.”

It was a fair decision. There wasn’t concrete evidence from the video that Suh deliberately kicked Schaub where it really hurts. It looked suspicious, but you could just as easily make the case that it was inadvertent, although the NFL hasn’t gone that far. If the defensive tackle is fined, then the league thinks something happened. Either way, if you were to tell NFL players, coaches and fans that someone might kick someone else in the groin this upcoming weekend and ask them for the most likely perpetrator, Suh would win in a landslide. That’s his now well-earned rep.


‘Dirty plays’

We can only imagine what will happen – on purpose or accident – next Thanksgiving. This is the tricky spot the third-year lineman out of Nebraska has found himself in and one that has to be wearing the Lions down.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz remains publicly supportive of Suh, citing his disruptive presence along the line that conventional stats don’t record. No one is suggesting he isn’t valuable. No one is saying he isn’t part of the Lions’ future. Still, at some point there has to be more from Suh. More game-breaking plays. More leadership – he remains a loner in the Lions’ locker room. Just more maturity, perhaps shown via more stretches of play where he isn’t accused of dirty plays that risk suspension.

Do you agree with the NFL’s decision about Ndamukong Suh’s non-suspension? Do you believe he is a great player despite the controversies?

Source: Yahoo Sports

Image: USA Today

Promising Cricket Star Tom Maynard Killed By Tube Train

Surrey cricketer Tom Maynard has died after being struck by a London Underground train. The batsman, 23, from Cardiff, played for his county in the t20 game against Kent on Sunday.

Monday’s incident involved a District Line train at Wimbledon Park station. Police said a man matching Maynard’s description ran away after a car being driven “erratically” was stopped shortly before. The police watchdog IPCC is investigating. A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “At approximately 04:15 BST on Monday, 18 June, officers stopped a vehicle after it was seen being driven erratically in Arthur Road, SW19: “The male driver of the vehicle – a black Mercedes C250 – made off on foot. Officers were unable to locate the man.


London Ambulance Service medics were called but Maynard was pronounced dead at the scene. British Transport Police (BTP) said the death was not being treated as suspicious. The BTP said: “The incident was reported to BTP at 05:03 BST and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.

In a statement, Surrey described Maynard as “an incredibly talented young batsman”. Maynard, who came through the ranks at Glamorgan, was considered a rising star in the game and earned himself a place on the England Lions tour to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the start of this year. He moved to The Oval at the start of last season following his father Matthew’s departure from the Welsh county in 2010 after claiming his position had become “untenable”.

Surrey’s Friends Life t20 game against the Hampshire Royals at the Kia Oval on Wednesday has been postponed. England cancelled their press conference at Surrey’s home, the Oval, ahead of the one-day international with the West Indies on Tuesday.

Do you think there was anything suspicious about Tom Maynard’s death? Share your opinions with us!

Source: BBC News

Image: Euro Sport